Hazlet Township Police Department hires our police officers from the New Jersey Civil Service Commissions entry level list after applicants successfully complete the required testing. The Civil Service Commission is an unbiased, independent body that hears and rules on appeals filed by State, county and municipal civil service employees, candidates for employment, and appointing authorities.
Those interested in a position with the Hazlet Township Police Department should:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a resident of Hazlet Township .
- Be 18-35 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Be highly motivated.
- Possess a valid NJ driver’s license.
- Pass a background investigation
- Pass the Law Enforcement Exam given by the CSC.
- For more information and announcements, click on the following link: https://www.state.nj.us/csc/authorities/faq/safety/lee.html